Everyone of us starts off with white and beautiful teeth. But for many life style reasons or prolonged use of certain antibiotics, some of us discolor the teeth into Yellow and sometimes gray. At our Dental Clinics in Singapore, all the Dentists are keen in taking your history, lifestyle habits etc., so as to advise you on avoiding further progress of discolored teeth.
The early you start treating the stained teeth, the better results you may expect. If neglected, it becomes very difficult to whiten with conventional methods, just like white clothes which have picked up dyes can never regain their original brightness.
Most of our patients, before they visit any of our Dental Clinics in Singapore try using a market product available for ‘Teeth whitening in Singapore‘. But you have to note that since all human beings are build differently, any single method for teeth whitening will not yield the same results in everyone. Hence, it is pertinent to chose one treatment; preferably upon the advise of your Dentist and stick to the treatment for at least a month before changing the treatment.
If you wish to try some home remedies before seeing a Dentist in Singapore, here are some tips for you. However, we strongly recommend to get your oral health checked by a professional to avoid any uninvited complications. You should keep in mind that the teeth whitening kits do make a slight difference for some people, but they often take longer and have more side effects.
- Avoid Strong Colored Foods: Strongly colored foods is a very common reason for teeth discoloring. Hence, try to avoid foods and drinks especially like Coffee, Tea, Ice-Creams, etc. at least while using Teeth Whitening kits.
- Oil Pulling: It is believed (though not tested by any of our clinics) in some parts of world that Oil-Pulling for at least 10-15 minutes a day can whiten your teeth. Coconut oil is preferred in most of the cases while any vegetable oil may also be used.
- In-house bleaching kits: There are several products in market, and we also offer our patients with the bleaching kits to home. However, diligence is required to apply these kits.
- Hydrogen Peroxide: First of all, you SHOULD remember that you are dealing with a chemical, hence you should either do after learning the right procedure or safety precautions. Misuse of this chemical may result in damage of tooth enamel. We discourage you to perform this without supervision.
- Brushing Twice Daily: Last but not the least, you should Brush early in the morning before Breakfast and night after dinner! This will help you not only treat discoloring of teeth but will manage your overall oral health.
If you are serious about getting your teeth whitening in Singapore done by a professional, call any of our five Dental Clinics in Singapore easily located near your place. Any of our friendly staff will assist you in fixing up an appointment with our friendly dentists in Singapore.