Teeth whitening in Singapore is one of the most performed treatments at our Dental Clinics in Singapore. It is generally noted that the patients who visit our clinics are anxious about their discolored teeth and their confidence is reduced due to this. Hence, major purpose of teeth whitening is to give you back the white smiles you deserve along with restoring the confidence.
Teeth Whitening can be performed by a dentist or at home with a kit. At our Dental Clinics, we also provide home kits with necessary advice for best results. However, it is also equally important to know what type of care should be taken by you after you have a teeth whitening procedure done.
Quick Facts: What should you know about teeth whitening?
- After you go through a whitening procedure, your mouth will be more susceptible to stains within the first 24 hours.
- Teeth whitening procedure makes your enamel softer, which is part of the reason they are more likely to be stained
- Artificial food colors / strong colored foods can dye your mouth that color
- Hence, you should avoid the following, mainly for the first 24 hours:
- Strong colored foods like cola, Soda, Coffee, cakes etc.,
- Any sort of hot and ice-cold products irrespective of their color
- Fruits like blueberries, black berries, etc., that has strong color in them
- Mints / Mint foods that can be sensitive to teeth
- Consuming these products can cause your teeth not only to hurt but can actually damage them.
- Products that are safe to consume are:
- Milk & uncolored milk products like cheese
- Fruits like Bananas that are less bitter
- Plain Turkey breasts
- If you observe, all the above foods do not have strong / added colors and are naturally white in color that are less likely to damage the whitened teeth
We advice our patients that this type of food habits can be made as your regular dietary habit especially when you have frequent discoloring of teeth despite performing teeth whitening. If you avoid strong colored foods and visit your dentist at least once in six months, you are very less likely to damage your teeth even in terms of discoloring.
This does not mean you have to stop eating all the things you love entirely, just remember that moderation is the key. Also, do not forget to rinse and brush after eating or drinking products that will discolor and you will help to keep your pearly white smile!
Dentists in Singapore at all our Dental Clinics are equipped with a high standard and modern technology, non-invasive and surgical solutions making it a one stop clinic with almost all treatments. Contact us for a friendly counseling that helps you manage healthy oral hygiene your rest of life. Make an appointment; one of our friendly staff shall attend your call to assist in scheduling your visit.